Dear past me...

 Dear past me,

I'm already in my teenage years... yes, those that you want to get so fast. I'll tell you something. They are not as cool as they seem. Sure, I go out with my friends without mum and dad, I have a phone and I can watch whatever I want on TV, but my life is not as an American film. I've realized lots of things these past few years, and I have some tips for making your life way easier.

First of all, you have to know there's literally no point in trying to be cool in school. Being popular doesn't make you better, and having thousands of friends is worthless if they are not good people. Stick with the people that make you truly happy and leave those who lie to you away. Don't worry, you are not going to be lacking any friends in the future. 

Be kinder to people. You are not better than anyone, and you have to start thinking before you speak, because you don't know how much your words can hurt other people. Don't be rude or ironical just because everybody else is. Be nice and sweet, specially to your family and friends (your brother too).

The most important thing in this letter is probably this: mum loves you unconditionally. She doesn't love Pablo better, and you have to see the bigger picture before you get mad at her. Right now, Pablo needs her attention more than you do, so stop being selfish and giving mum a hard time when she's already dealing with a lot. So give her a break, because she is one of the strongest people I have met in all my life. Tell her you love her more often, and don't wait for her to "take the first step". If you are not feeling OK, don't wait for her to notice! Also, try asking her about how she feels or how her day went. Having us as daughter is not easy, and the earlier you realize how she only wants you to be happy, the better.

Also, for when you're a little bit older, don't stress out about things you can't control. We are a little perfectionist, but in life there's often no place for perfection. 

Apart from all this life lesson, I want to thank you. At some moment in our life, we'll realize the only person that will always be there for ourselves is us. You have allowed me to become who I am right now, and I am very proud of all that we have grown as a person. You still have a lot to learn, and that's just the beauty of life! Because even if I gave you a thousand tips on life to avoid your problems, it wouldn't matter. I am myself because of all the times I've fallen to the ground and gotten up to keep going. So the best advice I can give you is to live. Live to the fullest and enjoy every moment of the process.

I love you forever,

Your future self.

Comments

Popular Posts