Best places to visit in London

London is definitely one of my favorite cities in the whole world. There's just something about it that makes it magical: perhaps its rainy weather, its streets, its language... I have been to London twice in my life. The first time I was there, I was just a kid, so I don't really remember the city, but I know that I fell in love with it. The second time, I was a little bit older, so I was able to enjoy it. I remember the parks, Buckingham Palace, the Big Ben (which, at the time, was under construction). Getting to the point, I think London is a city that everybody should visit at least once in its life. That's why I wanted to do a little guide on the best places to visit in London if you fancy a little walk.

BUCKINGHAM PALACE

Starting with some history, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge and the Big Ben are a must-see. 


HYDE PARK


One of the most famous parks in London (and the largest) is Hyde Park. It has a lot of historical significance, having hosted political debates, demonstrations, protests... Totally recommended if you need some fresh air!


CAMDEN


Camden is a neighborhood in Northern London. The crowds there are filled with goths, punks, rockabillies and tourists alike... This town is also well-known for its alternative, unconventional market where you can find unique shops, stalls, bars and cafes. You can find it at Buck Street or at Hawley WharfCamden Market offers food and products from all over the world, with a variety of styles.


SOHO


Another famous neighborhood in London is Soho. In addition to bars and clubs, Soho has a number of theaters, jazz bars and restaurants to explore, making it a cultural hotspot. During the day, you’ll find lots of music shops, small cafes and quaint bakeries. Stop for a coffee and pastry on Old Compton Street for perfect people-watching.


BAKER STREET


Baker Street is a street in the Marylebone district of  Westminster in London. The street is most famous for its connection to the fictional detective Sherlock Holmes, who lived at 221B Baker Street. Today you can find a Sherlock Holmes museum near the Underground station.
Near this street, you can also find the famous wax museum Madame Tussauds.

CHINATOWN


Perhaps you know Chinatown, in New York, but did your know London also has Chinatown? I certainly didn't! It is full of Chinese restaurants, shops and... people!


Comments

Popular Posts